Saturday, May 21, 2016

Life at Ignite, Chennai

Congratulation !! Everybody who has selected for Ignite. I seriously don't have time to reply for question asked on my last post 'Journey to TCS Ignite'. But somehow I am writing it, so many people ask to share it. so here I am...

First day! It will be remarkable for whom, who has a dream of Job at such a MNC. The Chennai One building itself and entrance makes you fell proud, that you are going to be a part of India's leading IT company.First and second day usually, you will have the joining formalities that includes: Document verification contain all mark sheet and certificate also some agreement documents and Bank account opening for salary account, bio metric registration for attendance.




Now the life of 8:30 to 5:30 begins !! The first week is full of test, that is basically for diagnosis your all capability and level of knowledge. After the test week the actual training is started, you will get a locker to keep your cellphone and other stuff. You will divided in a group of 24 people and assign a senior member to guide and mentor you during the training and called it a batch.

The Golden Time, you will get now, where you have 24 team mates , and they belongs to different region of country. You will have friends across all parts of country and seriously, This is the best part of Ignite. You can learn lot of thing along with technology , you will learn different culture, language, slang , and You will really enjoy when someone from south try to speak Hindi or someone from north side try to speak Tamil,telgu, etc. and Don't know when you really started linking some language and started separate tuition for this from your friend or batch mates.

You will have learning on different new technology , you will have sessions for theory and practicals,that you have to complete in certain deadline and your mentor help you out if you get stuck any where.
Ignite is a great learning space I have ever found.As time goes on, You will get scores for your assignment and assessment. and You started comparing your self with topper, please do not do this Ignite is not really mean for that. It means to learn and help others to learn by sharing the knowledge and collaboration in team.
Once your basic learning phase is over. You will got some projects to complete and It help you out to learn and explore skills inside you and you will go under Software Engineering Process, help you to learn how software is build now a days.

By then I am sure you all will have lots of friend from same batch or other you will meet them up in lunch time. and yeah Lunch time is a bit busy. You can only allow to use your cellphone in lunch time or after office hour and surely you will have to makes lot of calls family and friends and dear one.

In 2,3 months , you surely enjoying everything about Ignite and learn lot more. Yeah ! few people got some crush as well that obeys and who know you started linking some one from your heart. You will started outing on weekend some of the good places in Chennai or near by with your friends and team mates. It will be super learning , and social experience for you all. Some of them falls in love too with some one, you will surely get to know, training time is a super starting pledge for you all. Here you can learn lots and feel college life even after graduates for sometime.

The last month, everybody waiting to finish it and want to go home, but lots of people don't wait for it, they need more to live their life like a free word. where you have new friends and people form across the country. and the fear to apart form them after training , because you all will deploy in different cities of TCS offices and over there . I am sure you will miss these days.

The last week where you have exit Test, in that you have to perform well , so that you will judge how you were in the beginning and how you are now,how is your learning pace and curve etc. On very last week you will curious to know where you will get the location. Everybody started talking about it and praying to get the favorite location or home town.
But the moment you all got to know about that. It will really a moment that I can not express in words. Its a only time where few people enjoy after getting the favorite location and few are crying to not getting it. you will surely not in state to celebrate with your friend your happiness or takes part in someone who is sad.The journey you all  started together that is going to over now and you feel bad, not to leave friend and space that you have here in Ignite. But you have to actually.

Hope you all enjoy your Training !! Wish you all the best Good Luck !!

69 comments:

  1. Thank you so much sir..I really excited now for TCS IGNITE 2016-2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abhinav Sir..
    I know your are busy sir.. but I need your help. I want to know about where is a best accommodation facility near Tcs ignite campus... if you know please tell me the address... I am going first time outside the Mumbai ..so I really dont know how to reach from chennai central railway station to tcs campus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. means which transportation service ( I mean bus,taxi,ola or uber) is better from Chennai central railway station to TCS campus..also how much money required for 1st one month to survive..till we getting our first salary..???

      Delete
    3. 10,000 to 12,000 is enough for 1st month. 5 to 7k for PG rent and rest are in back up , up to you how you spend it. Yeah ola is best from central to TCS Ignite campus. You will get lots of PG near by, don't worry.

      Delete
    4. thank you so much sir.. you have any pg address..so I can book advance

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir, i want to know how ignite will divide into batch i got batch1 waiting .but i want to join in batch1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sunneetha can you please tell me what really happened to your waiting list, did you join the July batch or another batch

      Delete
  6. Sir plz respond this comment.
    1. Wht is work permit document, is it mandatory at the thime of joining for fresher and how to get this ?
    2.Is Passport, affidavits and medical certificates are mandatory at the time of joining?
    3.All marksheets are mandatory as last sem result is awaited now ?
    thank u in advance

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dam Excited about this... :) :) :*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there any body who had completed 9 th week assignments plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any body who had completed 9 th week assignments plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there any body who had completed 9 th week assignments plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there any body who had completed 9 th week assignments plz help me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. 9th week assignment is little bit tough..you had completed any one question from given 2 then please help me my test cases is not passed

      Delete
  14. 9th one is easy....i got problems in that District chalange...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is anyone's Status is changed from Batch 1 waiting list?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi saroj...is your PEO status changed from batch 1 waiting ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No smriti....still batch 1 waiting....wht abt ur PEO status....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have also batch 1 waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is anyone's status from Batch -1(waiting list)?

      Delete
  20. Its like booking of train ticket waiting list and confirm list😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats the concept of opp's
      implement it to real life :P

      Delete
    2. Not oops its java we are learning java in peo

      Delete
    3. Hello Sir,
      Is there any limit of no. of students for each batch,
      if yes then maximum how many students can go in 1st batch?
      pls reply.

      Delete
  21. Is their anyone got joing letter from tcs?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is their anyone got joing letter from tcs?

    ReplyDelete
  23. smriti, do you received any mail from tcs, regarding hard copy of decalaration form?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neha,No,I don't get any mail from tcs. but some of my friends got mail regarding hard copy... and do you receive any mail???

    ReplyDelete
  25. nopes, i think only batch 1 people got those mails,,. nd participation in PEO does not matter for our joining,,. my code ground average score is 100% and my rank is 18,,.. still its waiting,,. i asked a candidate from the previous batch,, he shared his email on the blog (abhinav's journey to tcs ignite) .. nd he said,,. they send joinig oh the random basis,,.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yah thats true.... I am also very much sad but we have to wait only...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  27. Hey Guys I am In Batch-1 and we had whatsapp group of Batch-1 students so any one who has Batch-1 confirm or not they can contact me we are 20 people in that grop boys and girls also join the group so we can explore the news about our ilp and We can healp each other...... So guys let unite my email-id is dipenparekh999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, So are there Batch 1 waiting guys in that group ??

      Delete
    2. yes,i am still batch 1 waiting list....

      Delete
    3. Okey Great then, Count me in :), My status is Batch 1-Waiting.

      Delete
    4. Yes,Delta in an our group both batch 1 waiting and batch 1 conform people.

      Delete
    5. You can contact Dipen,he will add you

      Delete
    6. I just did !! Thanks buddy for the Info :)

      Delete
    7. Dipen bro..i hve mailed you my contact....add me too

      Delete
  28. Hey if there is anyone who is confirm in batch 1. Then pls contact me on Facebook i am also in batch 1

    My fb id is here

    m.facebook.com/chirag101294

    Pls contact yrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hlo guys
    I am shahna,being selected in tcs.
    My status is also batch 1 waiting

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hlo guys
    I am shahna,being selected in tcs.
    My status is also batch 1 waiting

    ReplyDelete
  31. Abhinav sir,

    My "batch1" status changed to "batch2 2017" yesterday.
    I don't know whether I have to wait for batch2 in 2017 or I have to do my PG now.
    Because I did all tests, assignments and challenges, but it is postponed.
    Sir, please reply and suggest me something.



    I create a facebook group for batch2 students, please join if you belong to PEO batch2 2017.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcsIgnitePeo2017Batch2/

    (or if any of you have already created a group, please share the link, I will join)

    ReplyDelete
  32. hello sir, i wanted to know that do tcs provide onsite oppurtunities to ignite employess nd if so, after how much time, we can get onsite projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Many people got the opportunity and achieved that, It completely depend on your skills, handwork and project requirements.

      Delete
  33. Hi,
    I wanted to know if there is any increment in salary package mentioned in offer letter after completion of training period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get increament after completing a year in TCS.

      Delete
  34. Hii sir. In last month feb. I did a interview in tcs open ignite. But i didn't selected ,so afterthat is there any chance that i another time do a interview?

    ReplyDelete
  35. My joining is on july 28. When will i get my joining letter?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for sharing the valuable information,This is useful information for online learners


    Best Physics Tuition in Chennai Anna Nagar Mogappair

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hii Sir, What's the difference between the students who are selected for ignite and science graduates?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can anybody here tell me what really happen to the people who are in waiting list? Please reply.

    ReplyDelete
  39. do they provide accommodation during training period ??

    ReplyDelete
  40. Is this blog still active? I have a question about tcs ignite.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Can explore more about exit test?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Can you tell us more about exit test

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sorry , I was not active much here. Today I reopen it, as it's 6th anniversary when I joined Ignite. This is for people and future comments. I will surely reply. I hope many of you joined and started your career.

    ReplyDelete